The complete pre-travel consultation, offered by the experienced clinical staff of Traveler’s Medical Service, provides you with a personalized travel health risk assessment, expert recommendations about vaccinations and other measures to help you stay well during travel.
During the pre-travel consultation, we will learn more about your travel plans and relevant health history (such as allergies, vaccine history, medications, pre-existing medical conditions etc.). Based on this information, we will review destination specific information with you and tailor vaccine and other recommendations, such as malaria prevention options, to your specific itinerary and health history. We take the time to provide you with the information you need; address your questions and help you to make informed decisions about vaccines and malaria medications.
By the completion of the pre-travel consultation, you will be appropriately educated and vaccinated. You will receive a customized packet of travel health information to refer to along with an official vaccination record “yellow card” to keep with your travel documents.
- Provide you with current information on destination specific disease outbreaks, health risks and safety concerns.
- Develop a personalized travel health risk profile including the appropriate health and safety measures based on your needs.
- Recommend, discuss and administer vaccinations
- Discuss specific measures to help you avoid insect bites and reduce the risk of travelers’ diarrhea and other food and water borne illnesses.
- Prescribe medications to help prevent malaria (if applicable based on your itinerary details) and manage travelers’ diarrhea.
- Review safety issues such as rabies avoidance, road and pedestrian safety, the risk of blood-borne infections and how to access medical care during travel.
- Discuss specific risks and concerns related to age, health and medical issues. For example, children, pregnant or breastfeeding women and those with pre-existing medical conditions need special advice and preparation.
- Discuss the impact of environmental factors, such as altitude and air-pollution, motion sickness and jet lag and ways to manage them.
- Provide you with a personalized packet of valuable travel health and safety information and your official vaccination record (“yellow card”) to keep with your travel documents.
Contact us to learn how we can help you prepare for an upcoming adventure.